Whatever you are currently doing – from working as part of a large international organisation to laying the groundwork for your first business startup – a Kingston MBA will accelerate your career, giving you the cutting-edge tools you need to succeed at a price you can afford. We provide the personal support that gives your career that extra push and makes for a life changing experience.
- Accredited by AMBA, the global standard for all MBA, DBA and MBM programmes.
- No exams – you are assessed entirely on your coursework.
- Free workshops run by industry experts in addition to the curriculum you have already chosen, plus the chance to extend your coursework in our to a full diploma.
- Tailor your MBA to your career path with a wide choice of modules and research topics.
- High-quality, research-based -informed teaching that gives you the hands-on, practical skills that prepare you for top flight business decisions and help you think creatively.
- Study elective modules internationally – study for your main modules in London, then take elective modules in Berlin, India and Moscow, where our has the . You will work alongside students from around the world and join a global alumni network.
- Work with a dedicated career coach, experience a mock assessment centre, and get specialist support for your business ideas.
- Learn about ethical business: we incorporate sustainability, business ethics and corporate social responsibility into all our modules.
- Kingston Business School has joined an elite group of global institutions to be awarded the prestigious international accreditation by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). A hallmark of excellence in business education, the accreditation has been earned by just 5 per cent of the world's business schools.
"In certain City jobs, the ability to use Bloomberg terminals is as important as being able to use Microsoft Office." – Dr George Alexandrou, principal lecturer, Department of Accounting and Finance.
MBA in Russia
The Kingston MBA is also delivered with our partners in Moscow at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RPANEPA). We offer two programmes: an MBA and an Executive MBA. The programmes are identical to the MBA delivered at Kingston University, but with some additional workshops and input from local regional practitioners. The core curriculum is delivered by Kingston University academics, supported by colleagues from RANEPA. Find out more about these two .
What will you study?
The Kingston MBA allows you to study a wider wide range of topics than you are offered on any other conventional MBA course, specialising in the areas most relevant to your career path.
Our assessment methods reflect the skills and experiences you will value the most when you graduate. We will make sure you are thoroughly prepared for your assessments, which include written assignments, discussions, group work, presentations, case studies, role plays and game simulations.
Many postgraduate courses at Kingston University allow students to do a 12-month work placement as part of their course. The responsibility for finding the placement is with the student; we cannot guarantee the placement, just the opportunity to undertake it. As the work placement is an assessed part of the course, the work placement is covered by a student's tier 4 visa. Find out more about the postgraduate work placement.
Kingston Business School offers a number of bursaries for our MBA students. Find out more about this and other funding opportunities for the Kingston MBA.
The Kingston MBA is a highly flexible programme of study. You need to gain 180 postgraduate credits overall, but you select your modules from a wide range of possibilities. This means you can specialise in the areas that are most relevant to your current and future career.
Your 180 credits break down into separate components:
- 100 credits. Choose 10 core modules (each worth 10 credits) from the core modules list.
- 40 credits. Choose four elective modules (each worth 10 credits) from the elective modules list.
- 40 credits. Your MBA Project – a specialised piece of research and a consulting report (dissertation). This substantial piece of work will be the culmination of all your learning on the MBA. You will have one-to-one supervision for this module and can carry out the project on a topic of your choice.
Elective modules: please note that this list is indicative. Option modules will only be run if enough students wish to study them and therefore not all of these will be run every year.
- International Business Environment
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Financial Management
- Contemporary Marketing Principles and Practice
- Operations Management
- Organisations and Management in a Global Context
- Strategic Information Systems Management
- Responsible Management
- Strategic Decision Making
- Strategic Execution and Implementation
- Management Research Project
Option modules (choose four)
- Business Forecasting and Modelling
- Change and Creativity
- Corporate Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Global Business
- Development and Growth of SMEs
- International Marketing
- Management Consultancy
- Operations Strategy
- Problem Solving v2.0
- Public Service Management
- Strategic Project Management
- Innovation Financing
- Winning and Retaining Customers
You will have the opportunity to study a foreign language, free of charge, during your time at the University as part of the Kingston Language Scheme. Options currently include: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.